Evolution of a post

(Disclaimer: The Loony Bean shall in no way be held responsible for any damage to internal or external organs, regurgitation, bleeding or apoplexy caused by the perusal of this post. Incompetence in poetry is not a punishable offence and as such, may not be used to bring criminal charges against the poet. Please contact my lawyer for further details.)


"He blogs, therefore he is"
    - A philosopher's remark
Posted in ignorant bliss
    Provokes a ponderous spark.

Yesterday's anxiety
    Born of matters mundane,
Is in a moment of clarity,
    Rendered strikingly inane.

"Think", I implore the neurons
    "How might one save the day?
Deliver a swift response.
    Annihilate delay!"

Years they seem, the minutes.
    Another hopeless cause?
Naught crosses the limits...
    A lightbulb ends the pause

"Morality one must banish.
    It guards the path to success.
Knowledge pure must vanish -
    A twisted plan, I profess

"But crucial is the gain.
    Under these lines of rhyme,
Disguise a vacant brain.
    Surely a scheme sublime?"

Words that bear no essence
    Ever the blogger's aid,
Rhyme in joyful pretence,
    Effecting a masquerade

My, it's almost done...
    A task hardly uphill,
I post with sorrows none.
    Now the beans must spill!


25 spilt beans:

Anonymous July 10, 2009 at 7:28 PM  

That was just splendid.

Yesterday's anxiety
Born of matters mundane,
Is in a moment of clarity,
Rendered strikingly inane.

Wow! Funny, all my anxieties are born of rare issues.

My, it's almost done...
A task hardly uphill,
I post with sorrows none.
Now the beans must spill!

I loved these four lines. Oh! The beans did spill.

Keep rhyming. I think a new poet was born today :)

P.S : If I don't understand the poem, does that mean it was aces?

Cabin-boy Dave July 10, 2009 at 8:17 PM  

Thanks, Anamika! :D

I think more than one new poet was born today, if you know what I mean :P

And no, if you didn't understand the poem, it means I'm terrible :(

I'm just going to say you need a vertical eye to understand the true meaning of the poem ;)

WinGMaker July 11, 2009 at 12:37 AM  

cool...the a-b a-b rhyming!
Remembering the days of nautilus...the poetic puzzles!

Well...lemme imbibe the meaning...tell me if it is correct...

The poem tells of a blogger who was anxious yesterday but a philosophers comment provokes a spark..and in a moments clarity...he understands he is accepted..

The the blogger thinks...what he must write today...the very thought although only in minutes seems like years...

And his lazy neurons answers at last.. that he must stretch the moral codes of existence and think differently to be appreciated..

So he decides to mask his vacant brain with language so profound that others seem stupid in front of it...and this masking is crucial for gains he wishes from the rhyme!

Thus many words are brought into the required rhyming form in pretence of something huge...but effectively they are just a mask...a false face...

And thus you did it...and made a fool of us...

And now i can spill to the keen,
so that they will come to know,
we have been real loony beans!

IceMaiden July 11, 2009 at 1:33 AM  

veryyy different from what i read on blogs here n there. :) Nice. I like.

Will i sound terribly geeky if i say the words "Annihilate Delay" stuck a lil bit familiar as somethng i read in my OS txtbk? :P :D

Good one, once again.
Annie.

Onward July 11, 2009 at 2:07 AM  

aneev ma man..thats one AwSM poem....the only law you r breaking with this poem is excessive awsmness!!..totally brilliant...it has meaning...it rhymes and thats all i ask for...:D

u sure r making good use of ur hols :D...

cheers
amith

the girl with the pink teacup July 11, 2009 at 10:32 AM  

Dave! You've exposed us all with this stanza:

Words that bear no essence
Ever the blogger's aid,
Rhyme in joyful pretence,
Effecting a masquerade


You sneaky little bastard!

Keep it up - I love it :)

Cabin-boy Dave July 11, 2009 at 10:44 AM  

@ WinGMaker:

Ah yes... Nautilus was a blast, wasn't it? Tell you what, we'll have poetic puzzles this time too :)

I have to say I'm impressed and touched, my friend. Touched that you took the time to read the poem and understand it, impressed that you managed to get the meaning spot-on, except for the second stanza :P

A masquerade it is! Thanks for spilling the beans :D

Cabin-boy Dave July 11, 2009 at 10:55 AM  

@ IcE MaiDeN:

I'm glad you actually like my quasi-poetic babble :P

Oh no, you don't seem geeky at all. Something like that struck me too, and I faint at the slightest mention of 'multithreading' :D

Keep reading the Loony Bean!

Cabin-boy Dave July 11, 2009 at 10:57 AM  

@ Aw.S.M:

Thank you, Amith. That matches my criteria for a poem exactly!

No metaphors for us folk, let's just sing along :D

Cabin-boy Dave July 11, 2009 at 11:05 AM  

@ the girl with the pink teacup:

I was hoping someone would notice that little stinger :P

I salivate at the prospect of making more traitorous statements to entertain you folk!

Welcome to the Loony Bean, teacup :)

Sandy July 12, 2009 at 2:57 AM  

I did not understand half the words up there.
One thing is certain, your vocabulary is pretty impressive (or mine is extremely pitiable.)

Either way, good job! :)

Keshi July 12, 2009 at 9:09 AM  

Good one there! :)

**Words that bear no essence
Ever the blogger's aid,
Rhyme in joyful pretence,
Effecting a masquerade


I guess Im the only blogger who comes to escape the 'masquerade' of the real life then?

Read my blog's intro section (on the top of the page) to u'stand what I just said ;-)

Keshi.

Cabin-boy Dave July 12, 2009 at 10:49 AM  

@ Sandy:

Lol, I doubt that, somehow. Thanks anyway... I think :P

Cabin-boy Dave July 12, 2009 at 10:52 AM  

@ Keshi:

I know what you mean. I sometimes think my whole life's a masquerade. A blog is where you can exhibit your true self without fear.

Of course, that doesn't mean you shouldn't use poetry to mask your words :P

Kelvin Oliver July 12, 2009 at 5:41 PM  

Ah... a poem. I never really gotten deep into poems, but this is a poem that I am having trouble understanding. I started reading and got lost, but it looks like it just something written from a creative brain. Hmmm.. *thinks*

Kelvin Oliver July 12, 2009 at 5:42 PM  
This comment has been removed by the author.
Archana July 12, 2009 at 5:42 PM  

Interesting. I'm not going to lie, I've never been one for poetry. Not because I don't like to read & analyze and think out of the box but because something about things rhyming too much doesn't settle with me, lol.

Regardless, I did read through your poem. :) And I have to say I like the following lines:
" Under these lines of rhyme,
Disguise a vacant brain."

If you took the effort & time to write that poem, and make every other sentence rhyme, there is clearly something in your brain that's far from vacant. :P

Cabin-boy Dave July 13, 2009 at 8:28 AM  

@ Kelvin:

Heh, I wouldn't worry too much about understanding the nonsense I spout. I go by 'rhyme now, comprehend later' :P

Cabin-boy Dave July 13, 2009 at 8:42 AM  

@ Archana:

Lol! I've always thought rhymes are the only real way to express yourself. It's a pity nothing rhymes with orange though, because that's my favourite colour :(

But I demand that the cavity in my brain be acknowledged for what it is!

Anonymous July 13, 2009 at 10:47 AM  

I like the name. I like the poem. At 20 you are indeed impressive. Keep them coming. Best!
Kulpreet Yadav

Archana July 13, 2009 at 1:06 PM  

Haha you're right, isn't orange one of those words in English that nothing rhymes with? My favorite color rhymes with one too many things, yellow, jellow, fellow, mellow, hello, marshmellow, ... hmm I think I just made myself a little sick with thinking up rhymes. :P

I'll leave that up to you and the "cavity" in your brain to figure out. :)

Cabin-boy Dave July 13, 2009 at 10:52 PM  

@ Kulpreet:

Thank you! Imagine the nonsensical rhymes I'll post when I'm 40! :D

Welcome to the Loony Bean!

Manjari Shukla July 14, 2009 at 9:12 AM  

Hey! Aneev,
Once again a MIND BLOWING post. You really have a flair for writing & I really enjoy reading your posts.

I'll be looking forward to your response on my blog.

Good luck for next posts..........
Keep Smiling........

Love,
Manjari

Cabin-boy Dave July 16, 2009 at 8:30 AM  

@ Archana: You'll make a great poet! Anyone who can relate 'yellow' with green jell-o and marshmallows will!

@ Manjari: Thank you! I'll be happy to comment on yours

Tickled pink July 17, 2009 at 10:11 PM  

Hey Aneev
sorry for a late visit.
So you finally wrote a disclaimer!!
anyway, cool post as usual very unique, interesting and ROTFL one.
now m gonna see your letest entry.

Post a Comment

About this nutcase

My photo
A thoroughly confused blogger with imagined Multiple Personality Disorder and delusions of usefulness. Yeah, he has issues.