A song for the songmaker - My tribute to Michael Jackson

(This song is to be sung to the tune of Thriller, a 1982 album by Michael Jackson that remains the world's best selling record of all time.)

See the original lyrics | Watch a video of Thriller on YouTube



It's close to lunchtime and there's an eerie feelin' in my heart
Over the music, I hear a beep that almost makes me dart
Outside to gain insight into the news report that made it
I stop to stare, as the photo looks me right between the eyes
I'm paralysed...

'Cause he's a thriller, that ain't just praise
But no one could relieve him from the pain that filled his days
That entertainer, a true delight
I'm fighting for my breath watching his killer Thriller tonight!

The King of Pop
I see the moonwalk and realise those feet will never move
I feel a cold touch: reality that whispers Adieu
I close my eyes and wish that this was just another nightmare
But all the while I know that there's so little I can do
He's gone too far...


Weep for his music, fascinating moves
There ain't another artist who can bring back all we lose
That show-stealer, the ghost who danced
You're rising through the ashes to that shining haven above!


Admirers, they're calling out as they hear of his gloomy fate
There's no escaping the truth of his passing this time
(It's all over now)
It's the end of the line

They tried to burn you, but you took those demons in your stride
You tried to save it, the world you healed of conflict and divide
Now is the time for all of us to etch your voice in stone, yeah
All through your life, you stunned us with your power on the screen
You made us see

That you're immortal, you will live on
'Cause you enchanted us like not a soul could ever dare try
'Nother dream, I'm inspired to write
So let me get a pen and post my
Willing, chilling, feeling tribute here tonight.

'Cause he's a thriller, that ain't no lie
His music thrilled us more than any soul will ever dare try
Exhilarator, the King of Pop
He'll never sing again but his voice will never die, no

(He'll still thrill ya tonight)
Darkness falls across the land
The last service is close at hand
Hankies unfolded in the rain
To wipe the tears that flow in vain

Would one ever care to deny
A final chance to say goodbye?
Unite then, people, one last time
As, farewell, bids the mournful chime

The saddest wails are in the air
Remnant of fifty glorious years
And silent souls from every room
Are watching as they seal your tomb

And though they strive to seem untouched
Their bodies start to quiver
For no mere mortal can resist
The magic of the Thriller.

(I'd like to dedicate this to one of the greatest entertainers the world has known, the legend that was Michael Jackson)

12 spilt beans:

Anonymous June 27, 2009 at 9:39 PM  

WOW! MJ will be very happy :)

Anonymous June 27, 2009 at 9:39 PM  

You're one of his truest fans.

Keshi June 28, 2009 at 4:45 AM  

ty for the tribute-comment in my blog!

WOW u did a great job here! AWESOME. Jacko wud be THRILLED if he ever reads this, from wherever he is right now.

**But all the while I know that there's so little I can do
He's gone too far...

I got all teary reading that cos I know exactly how u feel.

u r a die-hard Jacko fan just like me. Today we r poorer for not ever getting a chance to see him perform again!

*lots n lotsa tears*

TY for this lovely tribute to my fav singer in the whole world, the coolest one!

Keshi.

Cabin-boy Dave June 28, 2009 at 6:57 AM  

@ Anamika: I hope he's at peace like you've mentioned. He's certainly earned that, I think - in four decades of magnificence.

@ Keshi: Thank you :)
You know, I wish MJ's last years did not have to so painful. That comeback concert would have been truly awesome...

Welcome to the Loony Bean, Keshi. Keep reading :)

Sandy June 28, 2009 at 10:09 PM  

Hey there Dave!
Good pen-work.
I am touched.

Cabin-boy Dave June 29, 2009 at 12:18 AM  

@ Sandy: Thanks, dude! I think he deserved it for the moonwalk alone :)

Welcome to the Loony Bean, by the way.

Keshi June 29, 2009 at 7:34 AM  

ty!

I longed to see that tour...and it never happened. What a shame. But I hope MJ found some peace in Death, that he didnt find in Life.

God bless MJ!

Keshi.

Manjari Shukla June 29, 2009 at 8:27 AM  

Hello! Dear,

I read your post, & its SIMPLY STUPENDOUS. I would love to have your comments on my blog. I’ll be eagerly waiting for your response..on my blog.........

Till then, keep rocking & best wishes for your next posts.

Love,
Manjari :)

Nevermind June 29, 2009 at 8:43 PM  

Grt work yaar...
Its a wonderful tribute to the king of pop...
Somebody rightly said..u can luv him..or hate him..bt u jst cannot ignore his contributions to the music world...

Keep Bloggin..
Krissh...

Cabin-boy Dave June 29, 2009 at 10:13 PM  

@ Manjari: I'm glad you like the tribute. I visited your blog, and I was impressed by the honesty and simplicity of your posts - You can be sure I'll be back :P

@ Krissh: Thanks, man! Like you said, Michael Jackson may have been many things, but nothing changes the fact that he was a musical genius.

Keep visiting the Loony Bean, both of you :)

Tickled pink July 4, 2009 at 5:34 PM  

Hi there.sorry for a late response.This post is really veryt touching.Each word is very heartfelt.Yes we all feel shattered coz we are not gonna have anymore of those cool moonwalks and those thrilling songs...Yes Thriller is my all time favorite and I was eagerly waiting for his comeback concert.
you've given words to your feelings amazingly.
Thanx for visiting me and leavin such a lovely comment.
take care

Cabin-boy Dave July 5, 2009 at 4:26 PM  

Hey there, Abhilasha!

I'm glad you liked the tribute. I know, it gives me an empty kind of feeling too when I think about what the world will miss.

I loved the post at your blog. I think it shows further how we only realise how much a person means to us when they're gone - whether it's the musical genius MJ or someone closer to our hearts. Absence makes the heart grow fonder, as they say...

I eagerly await your next post. Welcome to the Loony Bean :)

Post a Comment

About this nutcase

My photo
A thoroughly confused blogger with imagined Multiple Personality Disorder and delusions of usefulness. Yeah, he has issues.